This five-year program is a list of projectsdeveloped through the coordinated efforts of the Department of Transportation, Transportation Commission, state and federal agencies, local and tribal governments, metropolitan planning organizations, public agencies, transportation providers, citizens and other interested parties. The program identifies highway and intermodal improvements to preserve, renovate, and enhance South Dakota's transportation system.
2014-2017 STIP Meetings
The Department of Transportation in now developing the Tentative 2014-2017 STIP. The Transportation Commission will consider approval of the Tentative STIP at its June 27, 2013 meeting. A copy of the Tentative Statewide STIP sorted alphabetically by county will be available once approved.
Formal Public Meetings
- July 16, 2013 - Aberdeen at the Ramada Convention Center, 2727 6th Ave SE, 7:00 p.m
- July 17, 2013 - Sioux Falls at the Ramkota Hotel, 3200 W. Maple Street, 7:00 p.m.
- July 18, 2013 - Mitchell at the Mitchell Technical Institute Technology Center on the southeast corner of I90 & SD37 at 1800 East Spruce, 7:00 p.m.
- July 23, 2013 - Pierre at the Ramkota Hotel, 920 W. Sioux Ave, 7:00 p.m.
- July 24, 2013 - Rapid City at the Ramkota Hotel, 2111 N. LaCrosse St., 7:00 p.m.
The 2013-2017 STIP has been approved by the South Dakota Transportation Commission, the FHWA and FTA. See below for details of that plan.
Click here for the 2013-2017 STIP Sorted by County
Click here for Special Revisions
The 2013-2017 Statewide Transportation Improvement Program Interactive Map (STIP) depicts the location and type of improvement for the Department's major highway projects: http://arcgis.sd.gov/server/DOT/stip2013/
The STIP online 2013-2017:
To see the most current project list, which would include project revisions, choose a county from the drop-down box. Use the navigation at the bottom of the page to scroll through all the pages available for that county. The information in this report is the most up to date available and if different, will supersede the project information listed in the above report. You will need to click the back button on your browser to get back to the dropdown list.